EasyC is a programming language for the VEX Cortex.
EasyC is a programming language for the VEX Cortex. It initially appears to sport a drag-and-drop interface designed for beginners, but hides a full C text editor and compiler underneath that can compile to native code for the Cortex.
- Native code compilation (thus fast execution)
- Built-in library is a good compromise between ease of use and granularity
- VEX-supported with strong community following, especially among high school teams
- IDE integrates firmware updates, code authoring, compilation, and flashing into one program
- Extensive documentation and help files
- Not free and works only on Windows
- Advanced C editor has been somewhat neglected and does not feature code completion
- Flash utility does not cooperate with powered programming adapters.